CASS partners closely with faculty to support students with disabilities at Caltech. You are a key
This page provides information and resources to help about common student accommodations, and guidance on how to implement them to ensure fairness and equity.
Examples of Common Accommodations:
- Extended time and/or breaks on exams
- Adjustments to testing environment
- Assistive technology/software
- Adaptive lab equipment
- Preferred classroom/lab seating
- Notetaking support (audio recording, access to digital notetaking tools)
- Alternative format (Braille, enlarged font, screen reader compatible)
- Additional breaks during class
- Real-time captioning or ASL translation
- Occasional reasonable adjustments for deadlines (typically extensions of less than three days provided on a case-by-case basis)
- Occasional excused absences
- Reduced courseload (underload)
Please feel free to reach out to CASS at any time if you have questions about this process, concerns about an individual student with a disability, or would like guidance - we are here to help!