October 15, 2022
- The Caltech Student Resource Guide is put together by Student Wellness Services, and is a great source of information about supports for students across campus, including tutoring, counseling, career services, and much more.
- The Undergraduate Deans' Office and The Graduate Studies Office provide a wide range of support for students – they are available to discuss academic concerns, personal well-being, community issues, plans after Caltech, and other topics.
- Occupational Therapy Services can help students build healthy habits and routines, and learn strategies to improve time management, productivity, sleep, organization, and more.
- Counseling Services provides free mental health supports for students. In addition to therapy appointments, they have group programs, workshops, and host a weekly meditation session.
- The Hixon Writing Center offers one-on-one coaching and other resources for students working on papers and other writing projects.
- Neurodiversity @ Caltech
- Access - LA County's paratransit service
- Braille Institute provides services for people with visual impairments
- Greater Los Angeles Agency on Deafness (GLAD)
- Let's Talk LD offers vocational and other resources to the neurodiversity community
- Los Angeles Neurodiversity (LAND) Meetup group
- Southern California Resource Center for Independent Living - serves residents of the Pasadena area and parts of the San Gabriel Valley
- Zig Zag Pride - affinity space for members of the disabled and neurodiverse LGBTQ+ communities
Information about Disability and Neurodiversity
- The A11Y Project (digital accessibility)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- American Association of People With Disabilities - Multimedia History of Disability Rights and the ADA
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Disability and Health
- Disability Etiquette - a guide from the United Spinal Association
- Disability History Museum
- Disability Visibility Project
- DO-IT Center at University of Washington: Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Lime Connect - disability employment
- Pacific ADA Center
- Rooted in Rights
- Stanford Neurodiversity Summit
- United Nations - Disability
- US Department of Education - Characteristics and Outcomes of Undergraduates with Disabilities
- Disability Visibility: First Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century (Edited by Alice Wong)
- Being Heumann: An Unrepentant Memoir of a Disability Rights Activisty (Heumann, Judith)
- Demystifying Disability: What to Know, What to Say, and How to Be an Ally (Ladau, Emily)
- Care Work: Dreaming Disability Justice (Piepzna-Samarasinha, Leah Lakshmi)