Location and Hours
Center for Student Services
Closed on Institute Holidays
ACCOMMODATE is specifically designed for disability services offices and features a portal for students, faculty, and staff to engage in full-featured management of all accommodation-related information and processes. The system will significantly improve and simplify student disability services processes, create efficiencies for students, faculty, and staff, eliminate paper transactions, reduce email exchanges, provide access to student information and records at any time, and much more.
Guidance in the use of Accommodate, faculty should note the following:
- Log in to your Accommodate Portal here: Faculty Login
- Faculty will receive an email alerting them to approved accommodations for students in their courses, but they will be required to access the system portal to view the letter. The subject line of the email will be, "Urgent and Confidential: Student Disabilities Information."
- Faculty will be able to enter the portal at any time to view the accommodation notification letter, so will not need to keep track of the specific email.
- Faculty can view individual letters for students in their courses or can view a list of all students with accommodations in the course along with a summary of each student's approved accommodations. For instructions on options to view students and then approved accommodations, view the How-To pertaining to this.
Faculty are able to export a list of students enrolled in their course who have accommodations. These lists can make it easier to access the information quicker. The steps are listed below:
- Log in to the Accommodate Faculty Portal.
- Once on your Homepage, find the "Courses" section in the left-hand toolbar and click on it.
- On the Course page, you'll see a list of the courses where you are listed as the faculty. Utilize the search feature at the top to find a specific course by name or semester. Click on the class title to proceed.
- At the top of the course page, click on "Enrolled Students." This will display a list of all students enrolled in the selected course. To perform batch actions, such as saving as an Excel file, click on "Batch Options." From there, choose either "Entire List," "This Page," or "Selected Records."
To enhance the efficiency of our Accommodate system and ensure the smooth implementation of accommodations, we have implemented a straightforward process for faculty members to review and sign accommodation letters. Upon submission of accommodations by a student, you will receive an email notification from the Accommodate system prompting you to sign the associated letter.
Here are the simplified steps to sign accommodation letters in Accommodate:
- Login to the Accommodate Faculty Portal
- Access the portal using your credentials.
- Navigate to Accommodation Letters
- On your Homepage, locate the Accommodation Letters option in the left-hand side toolbar and select it.
- Review and Select the Desired Letter
- A list of accommodation letters sent to you will be displayed. Utilize the search feature at the top of the page if needed, searching by name or semester, and select the relevant letter.
- Sign the Letter
- Open the selected letter, scroll to the bottom, and locate the signature field.
- Sign the letter to confirm that you have reviewed its contents and agree with the listed accommodations.